Saturday, April 27, 2013

Crochet fun

Oh dear. It looks like I've been neglecting my blog again. I can't believe that April is almost at an end. How on earth did that happen! Over the past couple of months I've been teaching myself how to crochet by watching videos on YouTube. Don't you just love the Internet. Such a wealth of information. I've been making granny squares and eventually hope to have enough for a blanket.


I recently came across a cute crochet owl tutorial on the Bunny Mummy blog. Feeling confident that I was up for the challenge, I gave it a go. The pattern was beautifully written with lots of pictures. I had no trouble creating my own little owl. I'm planning to make a few more as they would make a great gift.


Last week I started making a granny stripe blanket. I probably shouldn't have started a new project until my granny square blanket was finished, but I just couldn't help myself.


I just love these colours. The wool is Moda Vera Marvel 8ply in 100% acrylic. I got it on special at Spotlight. I'm using a 4mm hook and I am so enjoying making this blanket. I've only done six rows so far, but I'm having so much fun making these treble clusters.


My colour sequences are totally random which is a first for me, as I usually don't do anything random. I found the pattern over at Attic24. This is such a fabulous blog. It was after I started reading this blog that I became interested in crochet. I'll be back soon with some more progress pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment